So, it's been a little over a week since I jumped of the treadmill to launch Black Coffee Communication (http://www.blackcoffeecommunications.com.au/ - shamless plug) and here are the things I have accomplished:
1. Rearranged the furniture in the house so that I now have an "office". Problem is, the office still contains six amplifiers, three bookshelves, an extra (unconnected) computer and about a bajillion bottles of wine (I'm sure some of you will help with that). What the office does NOT contain is a desk.
2. Offered three new freelance gigs - Facebook marketing for a previous client, a regular blog about industrial cleaning machines (seriously!), and a brand new Fleurieu Peninsula website, launching tomorrow.
3. Cooked some real meals, from scratch, with vegetables.
4. Went to see a grown up movie with the winemaker during school hours...there wasn't an animation in sight!
5. Had my hair cut.
And this is what I have learned.
1. No matter how much you plan to put your feet up between jobs, the universe has other plans. First mum's mini-stroke and then a child at home with the cold put paid to most of my "me" week. C'est la vie.
2. You can write a blog post for a client while cooking dinner.
3. People want writing services for all sorts of subjects (see above re industrial cleaners!).
4. There's a massively supportive work-at-home parent network out there willing to help a newbie, even if it means taking a risk.
5. This move might turn out to be the best thing I have ever done (bar marrying the winemaker and birthing the kids, naturally).
You can find me blogging about professional stuff these days over at Black Coffee Communication - but I will still be dropping in here at A Small Drop of Ink to vent about personal issues. Hope you don't mind :)