Thursday, November 11, 2010

A wiggly birthday

Gah, I came here to write a fun post about Missy's birthday and plans for the party on Saturday. Then I read my last post and I'm crying again.

It's OK, really, it's just the way it is. To me, Missy's birthday will forever be linked with Dad's illness. In some ways, it's a good thing. When dad died, I had a newborn to distract me. And now I have two great kids (and, you know, an OK husband) who will hug me when I feel down.

So, where was I? Oh yes, Missy had a great day, receiving not one, or two, but THREE Wiggles-related gifts. Gromit helped her unwrap, but she got the hang of it pretty quickly.



The Winemaker and I really didn't think things through - noisy toys so early in the morning. But the kids enjoyed themselves.





It was a brief birthday celebration as the grown ups had to work and the kids had to go to school and daycare. (Even though Gromit had tried to get a day off for his sister's birthday. He got a day off last year, for her first, so he thought he'd give it a shot)

Anyway, the big party is on Saturday. And like all parties for kids under about four, it's all about the parents. (and, in this case, the big brother). A celebration of the day our family became whole.

Happy Birthday Missy Moo Moo. Your adventure is just beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment